 Off-Topic / Geek / 1006
Re: Leap-seconds (was: Re: Leapyears (was Y2K problem with lugnet! (was Re: Help...)))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:36:01 GMT

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 21:09:59 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, "Steven Vore" <svore@mindspring.com> writes:
[...from a VMS-related document...]
time  you  should be careful to adjust your system clock.  If you have
trouble picking up their signals, we suggest you  purchase  an  atomic
clock (not manufactured by Digital and not a VAX option at this time).

LOL!

Come now, atomic clocks aren't that expensive. Probably you can get
one for $10k or less. Surplus should be way cheaper.

Jasper