 Administrative / General / 4016
Re: Y2K problem with lugnet! (was Re: Help! My newsreader's downloading everything on lugnet!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:58:46 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Agreed -- definitely a bona fide Y2K bug in all its glory.

Whoo hoo. For what it's worth, it's the second one I've come across today --
I "fixed" (ie reset the date in the BIOS) a POS system at a store in
Northampton. Felt pretty proud of myself. :)

Hopefully I can find a patch for this, otherwise I'll dig in and fix it
myself.  (Have got the source, thankfully.  :)

Are you using INN? I know that the newest version (2.2.something) was
released to be a fix for a _different_ problem with the NEWNEWS and
NEWGROUPS commands. If I remember right, 1.6 is the oldest version that
works. If you are running INN, it's 1.5.12.2, yeah? :)