 Administrative / General / 4010
Re: Help! My newsreader's downloading everything on lugnet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 17:05:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Simon Denscombe writes:

I don't think it's a problem with LUGNET.  Check the Last Read Server Article
(or equivalent option) that tells the newsreader not to download anything too
old - it may be based on the date.

Sussed it.

My newsreader is sending:

NEWNEWS rec.toys.lego 000101 160804 GMT

to the Demon newsserver, which recognises it as (20)000101
and

NEWNEWS lugnet.loc.uk 000101 161723 GMT

to lugnet, which doesn't.

I don't know what to do about this. Advice?