 Administrative / General / 4017
Re: Help! My newsreader's downloading everything on lugnet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 22:24:47 GMT

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 20:20:50 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote:
I don't know what to do about this. Advice?

slrn seems to be having similar problems with newgroups. Annoying!

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I turned it into an opportunity to
reinstall Agent and set it up to store the folders for my various news
servers on one of my home areas at the office.  Then I discovered how
SLOOOOOW things would work if I kept it pointing to that dir all the
time.

Now I'll have to come up with some easy automated way to copy the
folders from work to the home area and from home to the home are when
appropriate so I can be on the same sheet of music at both places.

Or, I could just install Agent on my terminal server .... might give
that a shot.
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/