 Off-Topic / Fun / 838
Re: 2 8299 CD-ROM's Available!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 05:45:54 GMT

It was a semester abroad in college back in '81. Studied in Israel, Greece, and Italy.

So.. who do you know at teh Vatican that got you there?

Our group was granted a "private" audience (3000 nun & us), prolly the same thing Jesse did.

You must've been doing a nice "grande tour", 18th-century style, to
get all those interesting things - Did you see the

[ ]  - Tower of London
[ ]  - Tower Bridge
[ ]  - Big Ben
[x ]  - Leaning tower of Pisa
[ ]  - Tour Eiffel
[ x]  - Colosseum
[ ]  - Taj Mahal
[ ]  - Kilimanjaro
[ ]  - Macchu Picchu
[ ]  - Legoland Billund (I wish:)
[ x]  - Hadrian's wall
[ ]  - Berlin wall
[ ]  - Reichstag
[ ]  - Bridge of sighs
[ ]  - San Marco cathedral
[ ]  - Great wall of China
[ ]  - Forbidden City
[ ]  - Gum
[ x]  - Statue of Liberty  different trip

[ ]  - Other, namely.......................

ALL of Israel
Athens (Acropolis)
Delphi
Corinth
Venice
Florence
Rome
Pompeii
It was a great time.  Went back with my newlywed bride for a 3 month honeymoon 3 years
later:)

Lived in Stuttgart as a kid, learned to ski in Austria, wife's relatives are in Norway, have
visited Spain and France; never been to England.  Not bad for an "inbred" mid-westerner,
IMIO