 Off-Topic / Fun / 854
Re: 2 8299 CD-ROM's Available!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:25:23 GMT

John Neal wrote in message <36C2DE28.EB2AF576@uswest.net>...
Actually, only a few folk in the front row got to "shake" his hand.  Touch • his hand is rather
more like it.  It's one of the more curious things I've done in my life- I • guess I came down
with sudden "pope fever" (I am not Catholic), because I maneuvered by way • through the throng to
the front to see if I could touch him.  It was a rather weird moment.

That's interesting, because one of the guys I was with was the same way.
Totally not Catholic, but when JP started going around in his golf cart he
ran off towards the edge of the chairs.  Maybe there's something bigger
going on the transcends Catholicism.  When the Pope went to India he packed
the places he went, but there are almost no Christians in India.  They all
came to see a holy man, not a Catholic man.

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?
Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! http://www.multicon.de/fun/legofaq.html