 Off-Topic / Fun / 819
Re: 2 8299 CD-ROM's Available!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:02:14 GMT

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 02:57:00 GMT, John Neal uttered the following profundities...
<snipped the story for brevity>
I envy you the view from any part of the Pyramid complex at
sunrise, let alone the top of the pyramid!
Not that I would have even contemplated trying at the time of
day I went, just looking at the stones I'd not have dared to
try a climb. Fear would have overcome me to such a degree that
I would freeze not high up. If they ever did a set of stairs,
I would consider it. (Not that I *want* them to, it would
ruin them!)
Ahhh, bakshish.....
I found the Egyptians to be the friendliest people I have met.
A truly warm, genuine friendliness.
I had been bombarded by the hawkers outside one of the tombs
in The Valley of The Queens. Said I wasn't interested to buy
anything, but we chatted anyway. One had wanted a cigarette,
(I am a smoker), and having given him one, he presented to me
a little statue, one of the mummy style ones. Said he had found
it in the valley. Now, I am quite sure it is not 3000+ years
old, but what if.... Even if it was his own creation, it was
such a nice gesture, I gave him the pack. The little statue
is not very detailed or well carved, but is probably my
favourite "souvenir."
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/