 Off-Topic / Fun / 78
Re: Email Editors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 06:33:53 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote:

If there's some feature you can't find in Emacs, you can always program
it yourself.  Emacs has a built in programming language to do everything
your heart can desire.

Emacs is really just a lisp interpreter masquerading as an editor.   :-)

When I used to use unix with only a 24x80 ascii terminal, emacs was
irreplaceable.  With the advent of windowed interfaces, it doesn't have
quite as big an advantage.  Emacs is still an amazing piece of work.  What
other editor will solve the Towers of Hanoi, animating the disks using ascii
drawings?

Ron