 Off-Topic / Fun / 29
28  |  30
Subject:
Email Editors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 00:36:09 GMT

mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:

Joe is a *nix text editor which uses Wordstar-like commands. Great for those
of us with those ^K things ingrained in our heads from childhood.

And FAR more powerful than pico. Ohmigod. Anything is more powerful than
pico. :)

Sounds cool.  How does it compare to Emacs in powerfulness?  (I've never
used either, but demos I've seen of Emacs underwhelmed me from the
complexities of Ctrl-this Ctrl-that.)

I like both pico and vi but it would be great to have something that could
"obsolete" both of them in my typing world.

--Todd