 Off-Topic / Fun / 25
Re: Ldlite 1.0 delayed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 18:37:11 GMT

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
What I do at home is run Win95 on my box with a nice graphics card/monitor,
and then use X-win32 (http://www.starnet.com/product.htm) to run my Linux
programs on the Win95 box's display.

Sweet!  I had thought of doing something like this but wasn't sure if it
would be feasible.  Now if I understand correctly when you run something
like X-win32 the machine doing most of the work is the Linux box, right?
The PC is mainly just displaying the output?  I need to get mine at work
setup for this.  Wonder how it would work over ISDN from home?

X-win32's pricing kinda scares me.  $200.  I think we can get Exceed
for a heckuva lot cheaper than that through UTK, but I don't know how
the two compare.  I've used Exceed at work before since we ocassionally
need to help someone with it.  Might even be able to use an office
copy since we only have it installed on one machine right now and we have
licenses for at least 6 of them.  Yeah, that's the ticket, I'll use it
at home and become more familiar with it so I can do better at my job. :)

Oh, and another slrn support question.  How do I change the number of
columns I am limited to?  I am using pico as my editor (didn't know what
joe was - that's what you had specified, I think), so maybe it is something
I have to set within pico.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.auczilla.com - World's Largest Online Selection of LEGO Pieces