 CAD / 12
Re: Ldlite 1.0 delayed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 23:37:34 GMT

Once upon a time, Paul Gyugyi <paul@gyugyi.com> wrote:

For those of you awaiting ldlite release 1.0, it will
be delayed a few days while I remove the LDRAW-style
restriction that limits -MS bitmap creation to only
100 steps.  I'd like LDAO to do a make catalog with only
one call to create the thousand-some bitmaps; to do
that successfully I'll need to stress test the application.
By default, ldlite caches the files it reads, which may
lead to memory problems on some machines.

BTW, I modified LDAO so Make Catalog now works correctly with both
LDraw and LDLite.  It still processes the files in batches of 100, but
that's not a *big* thrashing problem.

I also made some other tweaky adjustments, so the DOS stuff is
entirely gone (except for the LDraw part, if that is the renderer
being used).

I'll post the upgraded LDAO after I do some more testing on my
secondary machine.

Steve