 Off-Topic / Fun / 2595
Re: TRU Kudos!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 02:22:18 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:37b735f0.9002430@lugnet.com...
On Sun, 15 Aug 1999 06:37:45 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Mookie <Mookie1@worldnet.att.net> writes:

Actually the bumper stickers said Escape TO Wisconsin... and they took
off wiscon and made Escape to sin needless to say they weren't printed
much longer after that :)

You're right!  It was TO, not FROM.  I've seen it so many millions of • times,
I didn't even notice.

Wow.  I figured people had noticed the deliberate mis-write, and ignored
it.  That troll had some serious hang-time.

I ignored it, having seen it enough--usually from east or west coasters who
couldn't place Wisconsin on a map to save their lives, and who have no idea
if it is a good place to live or not.  You know, the people who are amazed I
don't have a half-Canadian accent after living there for 17 years ("oh,
you're from WisCANsin...how come you don't talk funny?").

I've lived in both IL and WI and I prefer WI once you get away from
Mad-town.

And if you don't like it you can take off, eh.

Jesse