 Off-Topic / Fun / 2583
Re: TRU Kudos!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:39:54 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Mookie <Mookie1@worldnet.att.net> writes:

Actually the bumper stickers said Escape TO Wisconsin... and they took
off wiscon and made Escape to sin needless to say they weren't printed
much longer after that :)

You're right!  It was TO, not FROM.  I've seen it so many millions of times,
I didn't even notice.

BTW, the person I saw who had "ESCAPE TO SIN" was someone wearing a leather
jacket on State Street, with the signage on the back, and a plastic dangly
skeleton pinned to it.  I guess that's how to look tough.  :-)

ROLF!!! Sounds more like what we call the rubber knife gang's around
here :) wanna look tough yet just can't quite pull it off :)

Someone on my floor also cut apart all the letters, removed the two C's,
turned the W upside-down into an M, and used that to write something rather
obnoxious on their door.

I'm gonna have to play with this to figure it out :) Just for the fun of
it!

Others made Escape Wisconsin from them too.

LOL!  Never saw that one!

As far as Madtown... I don't get there much anymore... not sure where
Mifflin Street is...

It's between Dayton and Washington.  But there's East Mifflin and West
Mifflin, but I forget which one was the more interesting of the two (it's
been something like 10 years now).

though I don't think we are Dippy people here!!! At
least we drive better than those FIB's or Flatlanders.. which ever you
want to call em :)   <ducks and runs>
Cheesehead :)

I always felt that Brewers games had the best tailgate parties.

Blah... I know they used to.. though I'm not much for the brewers after
their whining about a new stadium.. and now we've got a stupid stadium
tax only in 3 county's of the state... They wanted.. they can pay for it
:(

Which if anyone hasn't heard.. because of the new stadium having a
retractable roof, They had to bring in this new crane.. called Big
Blue.. the sucker was f'ing HUGE.. and could lift tons... Well.. they
decided on a breezy day to try to life part of the roof.. (when lighter
winds had grounded it already) and big blue didn't like it.. she
turned.. wobbled and came crashing down on part of the stadium crushing
it and killing 3 (IIRC) people :( Sure put off the 2000 opening of the
stadium.. Still pondering why the old one wasn't good enough :(

--Todd (once-upon-a-time-cheesehead :-)

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy