 Off-Topic / Fun / 1584
Re: MN and WI suck was(Re: TRU Kudos!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 15:49:15 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Just wait. We're 5 years away at most from a LOT more jobs being
completely disassociated from location. That's a prophecy.

It's harder to manage people (but it's getting better, I agree), which
is what I do right now anyway, from a distance than it is to (for
instance) code.

But I always thought of da UP as being cheap. It was when I went to
school, you could buy a house in downtown Houghton for 40K (late 70s,
early 80s). Have things changed? Or are you just talking lakefront
property?

I am...that's really the point of that area as far as I'm concerned.  I
was there in September and saw a 23 acre lakeshore place with rental
cabins for sale, so my wife and I stopped and looked at it a little.
They were asking 750 and we didn't pursue financing, but that would be
an ideal lifestyle change for me.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks