 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 361 – 380 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: LEGO being used in politics! (help me in my dilemma)

I think that this political group can use LEGO(tm) to express their ideas without restriction as long as they follow the same rules that AFOL's do. They must avoid the LEGO brand name and trademarks. They should be careful to state that there is no (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: US & friends vs. Muslims

(...) Let me re-phrase that... I consider Canada as our political adversaries, so I tend to agree with anything that gives an advantage to Québec Over Canada. I don't wish bad stuff will happen to Canada, as one could have understand from the first (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: What Should the Next Guy Do?

(...) I'm sure he'll go AWOL and work on somebody's political campaign. ;-) (...) Can't and shouldn't tell the media what to write - he would simply need to direct them to the unemployment line (but I understand the sentiment). (...) Yup. (...) As (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

OK Scott. Somehow I knew that your conservativism would lead you to agree with Rush. I suppose if Robert Bork said LEGO was a Danish commie plot, you would agree?? Gary Istok P.S. :-) - Scott was the first AFOL that I ever met, and I like to tease (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Impeachment

(...) It's a good logical argument: perjury is of greater significance than lying under oath and is a felony to boot, therefore it is a "high crime" when applied to the president. (I'm not sure I agree with your definition, that it has to be (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) That would have been the da Medici's, IIRC, with their lovely political advisor Machiavelli. And Genoa. (...) They died. (...) That would be 6.mumble meters, right?[1] Jasper [1] Follow-ups to _that_ can go to /dev/null. (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: LP statement on terrorist attacks

(...) Yep folks, the LP has joined the rest of the political parties - they are saying what many have already said before them, they add nothing new or even anything displaying any great intelligence. Yes, they are pandering to the people. Ho hum. (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: "Saving" Private Lynch

(...) This criticism still amazes me, although it wasn't unexpected. Presidents, and other political leaders have been misusing taxpayer money on these kinds of things for years. If Bush was simply looking for a photo-op he would have done this in (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) That's interesting, but it does not explain your "political" comment, nor does it answer my question. (...) What right did Bush have to threaten him? (...) Not everyone; was that not why Rumsfeld established is own little intelligence fiefdom? (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: National vote on handguns?

(...) "The Law" by Frederick Bastiat also covers some of this. For the full text of this AMAZINGLY concise and excellent work, see: (URL) I am sorry to go all "Scott Arthur" on y'all, but some of you really should read some of the primary texts (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Gun Debate: No Proof for Either Side!

Do gun laws prevent violence? Health officials don't know (URL) ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) --A sweeping federal review of the nation's gun control laws -- including mandatory waiting periods and bans on certain weapons -- found no proof such measures (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close

(...) Everyone has different reasons for embracing a given philosophy--a fellow I went to college with (actually, he was a Lib candidate for Ypsilanti city council in the early 1990s) apparently switched from Dem to Lib to Rep (after being shot by a (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close

Steve, (...) True in facts, but facts rarely enter in political debates most of the time. (...) Wow, this is the first time I heard someone mention this, I always thought the same. Fascism / Marxism / Communism is not too fr off in my book. I think (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"Bruce Schlickbernd" <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote in message news:Fz59Mr.LAn@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) But (...) here (...) movie, and (...) term (...) any (...) Fine. My views are political too, but I feel that politically, I'm taking the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: LEGO being used in politics! (help me in my dilemma)

(...) Cool! I think it's a neat political message. The only problem is that lumber and cement are so much cheaper that I'd expect them to be able to actually build several houses for the poor with the money they'll be spending on LEGO. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Meanwhile, our political race is neck and neck (so say the "polls") and our election is due to be announced Any Time Now. I really can't get excited about either major party here either. Of course voting is compulsory here. I could vote (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Libertarian Propaganda

There isn't enough to debate around here these days ( grin) so here's some fodder. Rather than excerpting, here it is in its entireity. Note in particular point #3, which I think may be the most significant of the 5, although I'm rather fond of #1 (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: More on Moral Relativism

(...) thousand (...) Probably. I just didn't really see the relevance of it to the topic at hand, given most people, including moral relativists would probably take that view. (...) Yep, I definitely agree here. But back to the topic... Q: If the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) Perhaps Lego could just say they were all Danish before. ;-) At any rate, whatever political condemnation TLC might get, not only would it be minor and virtually unheard by the REAL target market (i.e. the kiddies' parents, which may be more (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) AIDS (...) lots of snip,snip,snip... (...) Plus they had the political/lobbying machine already rolling with the Gay Rights Movement. My father died from cardiac disease, my mother from cancer, I'm sure everyone here has their own ideas about (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

More:  Next Page >>