 Off-Topic / Debate / 17922
Re: LEGO being used in politics! (help me in my dilemma)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:37:10 GMT

I think that this political group can use LEGO(tm) to express their ideas
without restriction as long as they follow the same rules that AFOL's do. They
must avoid the LEGO brand name and trademarks. They should be careful to state
that there is no endorsement or affiliation with TLC, etc. From a free speech
perspective (my opinion), their use of LEGO Bricks to build their protest
symbol is not any different than the use of bricks to build models of train
cars, buildings or space ships. Although no politically motivated (I think)
brick testment is similar in not being strictly artistic/entertainment. An
example of a problem is the concentration camp set which actually used TLC
trademarks and represented itself as a TLC product

Lester