 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 1801 – 1820 of 1868.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: They Know Where You Are!

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...areDOTcom> wrote in message news:Hvuy9o.16uv@lugnet.com... (...) So my (...) are off (...) street (...) the (...) Yea, my apartment complex really screws up these algorithms. Each apartment in the complex (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.980)

  Re: They Know Where You Are!

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...areDOTcom> wrote in message news:Hvuy9o.16uv@lugnet.com... (...) So my (...) are off (...) street (...) the (...) Terraserver had the house I grew-up in on the wrong side of a river - about half a mile from (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.980)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) True, but your formulation of this example is incorrect. The ink line is not made of an infinite number of infinitely small "points" of ink; rather, the line is made of a finite (but quite large) number of very small (but quite finite) (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.980)

  Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys wrote: [Speaking of Dubya, David said:] (...) Couldn't have said it better myself :-) Now, if only half the USA could understand that... Kerry would win it easy... Oh well, It's a shame USA is a democracy. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.979)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) I think you're blurring the distinction between "impractical in practice" and "impossible in reality." Whether or not we can devise an mechanism that will exist for eternity is irrelevant. The fact that we can create an unbounded (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.979)

  Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) I would never presume such :) Here's an analogy--there are those who notice that the emperor has no clothes and think to themselves, "Well, that emperor is pretty dense to be walking around without any clothes--look at how much better I am (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.978)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) I'd rephrase again--the path is theoretically infinite, for if you set up this exact scenario using real life lasers, ball-bearings nad spinning tools, within a set amount of time something will break down--or the path of the laser, over time, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.978)

  Re: The Essay (was Re: The status of Iraq from a soldier who is there.)

(...) So Fox a free network channel has better ratings than CNN a 'pay for' cable channel. What does that have to do with ABC, NBC, and CBS (all free network channels) all having better ratings than Fox? (...) If you actually belive that, it (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 0.977)

  Bill O'Lie-ly

(URL) article Bill. Let me point out just a few spins from the 'no spin zone'... " Even countries like Canada are no longer dependable allies. According to a Macleans poll, 38% of Canadians say their attitude toward the USA has worsened since 9/11. (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.975)

  Educational value of travel (was: More Orwell, for everyone!)

(...) You know, I'm not immediately opposed to the idea of including a two year stint abroad in every undergraduate education. I don't know about an around-world-tour, but two years in another nation -- half study and half peace corps like service (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.974)

  Re: Lego seems to be copying Mega Blocks

(...) Very true. But, even the Germans considered the Gneisenau and Scharnhorst something called 'Pocket Battleships.' This was a peculiar way to present a ship that was greatly outclassed by BBs and BCs. The Germans could thus claim Naval equality (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 0.974)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Well, what does it say to you, exactly? Franks' interview in Cigar Afficianado is now a matter of public record, so it's fair game for my question. I've never seen (URL) The Siege>, so I can't comment on the relevance of that piece of fiction (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 0.973)

  Re: Gay Marriage

(...) Practical and other utilitarian arguments aside, let's just say they go against my religious belief system. (...) Life is hard; it's no excuse. I'd say you may be correct and that that realization is irresponsible. (...) Unfortunately, that is (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 0.971)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) Hmmm, seems this case is different. Perhaps because MM choose it for his title. I'm sure I'd have a difficult time starting up a department store chain called "Wall to Wall Mart", or a toy company called "Lay-Go" There is a definite connection (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 0.970)

  Robbery, Reconstruction or Quagmire?

(...) John, do you really believe this codswallop? This (URL) article> argues that security costs are eating up 25% of reconstruction contracts and that insurance brokers selling sudden-death policies to contractors in Iraq have doubled their (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 0.970)

  Re: Truth and consequences?

(...) I am waiting as well. It seems like everything else during the Dubya time in office--hide anything and everything that might have the whiff of wrongness about it. If this happened on Bubba's watch, he and his administration would have been (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.968)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) At least, that's how you _hope_ it'll look when you choose not to get involved. It seems that half of the Middle East hates us because we did get involved in one situation, and half of the Middle east hates us because we didn't in another, so (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.968)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) This begs the question - with over 6 BILLION humans on this earth, do we REALLY need to make it easier for Breeders to spit out more humans than they should be? The earth would be far better off if we'd figure a *humane* way to scale the world (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.967)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Really? That's kinda funny, given the external circumstances. Stargate recently started franchising, there are rumors that another B5 spinoff is in the works, and after the whole debate of whether ST or B5 was superior or which show stole (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 0.967)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) No, I just think it's brainlessly stupid to walk around crowing about how you're committing some crime. There's a difference between being willing to be arrested and actively campaigning for it. (...) From what she's said, she was just tired. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 0.966)

More:  Next Page >>