 Off-Topic / Debate / 8538
Re: Family values?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:43:58 GMT

So the only one that isn't a victim is the non-biological father forced to pay
child support?

That's the largest pile of bovine dung I've ever heard!

Maggie Cambron wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
He's not much of a victim - it was HIS choice to take the risk of causing a
pregnancy (even IF birth control methods were used) - no sympathy from me
there.

If he wasn't informed about the pregnancy in a timely manner and if he would
have willingly taken on the responsiblility had he known, I think it's fair to
say he's a victim in all this too.

Maggie C.

Christopher Weeks wrote:

we're talking about a man who has been
deceived--deliberately or not--into accepting financial and moral
responsibility for a deadbeat's offspring.

I think that something we've been forgetting is that the "deadbeat" might
very well be the victim too.  There is no knowing that he knows there is a
child in the world of his genetic lineage.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/