 Off-Topic / Debate / 8455
Re: Family values?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:31:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article G6Lq2C.69o@lugnet.com, Dave Schuler wrote:

Here's one that's sure to get the blood boiling.  Any thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2001/LAW/01/03/childsupport.civ.ap/index.html

Dave!

Well let me see.

Woman gets pregnant.

Lies (or isn't forthcoming with the truth) about who the father is.

Damn right he shouldn't have to pay child support.

It's called Fraud.

In cases involving a minor's well-being, not just the letter but the spirit of
the law must be weighed.  Fraud or no, if the functioning father has
demonstrated a commitment of care, love, involvement, etc. to his non-biological
child, then he is a Filthy Wretch if by cutting the purse-strings he causes some
amount of harm to the child's wellfare.

james