 Off-Topic / Debate / 7240
Re: What am I missing here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:59:49 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:
I guess I'm just confused about the motivation for asking people to stop a
discussion just because you aren't interested in taking part in it.

  On the contrary; I'm greatly interested in participating, but I recognize
it to be futile.  I can see vast holes in the reasoning of one poster in
particular, but I'm keeping my mouth shut about it because I know no change
would come from my pointing them out.

If you think you have valuable points to contribute, I'd sure be
interested in your participation. I for one am NOT decided. If I'm the
person whose reasoning you see vast holes in, I would welcome your
input, if I'm not, I'd still welcome your input because you may have a
different view of those seemingly untractable opinions than I do.

As to why I am continuing to be involved in the discussion? I am getting
something out of it. I am not 100% decided (though you should be able to
get an idea of which side I favor), and I see some valuable input from
others which I am working off of to increase my understanding.

In addition, while I see no quick resolution of the issue on a national
scale, I can still make a decision for myself, and I can at least
implement that decision in my own dealings with the issue.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com