 Off-Topic / Debate / 7151
Re: What am I missing here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:44:33 GMT

I think someone made one offhand remark about abortion in a thread. That was
followed by several people all chiming in (me included) all saying they
didn't want to set off the standard debate.

Now we have all the Usual Suspects(tm) posting the usual arguments, again.
Heck, I'm tempted to chime in again too. We seem to have the Standard
Debate(tm) on our hands anyway!

Ack!

Plowed ground, folks. If you don't have anything NEW to add, don't. Just let
it slide.

(please?)

++Lar

Larry,

It is not a good debate unless someone storms out of the room and slams the
door. In other words we need someone to leave LUGNET for the debate to be
complete. ;-)

Now you can understand why I am not in the thick of it. I do not recall the
mandate of LUGNET being here to solve social problems outside of the world of
LEGO.

I feel this type of emotionally charged debate does not belong on a forum like
LUGNET only because it would take a lot for people's opinions to be swayed. But
not much for feelings to be hurt. Now put us in a place where it is appropriate
and I will get into it just like the next guy.

I cannot believe when it comes down to it, I agree with Larry on something. :-)
Let us all agree to disagree instead of taking one another around the mountain
yet again.

Jude