 Off-Topic / Debate / 7237
Re: What am I missing here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:10:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:

If you don't want to take part in it, why not just skip the posts?  Why find >it necessary to post just to say that you think it should stop?  If those
people are (for whatever reason) happy to keep debating it, why not just
leave them to it and move on to other threads yourself?

  This is a good point, but I'm prevented from taking your advice because I
access LUGNET via the web rather than as a newsgroup.  As such, I see all
the posts in .debate.  Is there a way to filter out a specific thread?  In
any case, I generally try to follow discussions here whatever they concern.

I guess I'm just confused about the motivation for asking people to stop a
discussion just because you aren't interested in taking part in it.

  On the contrary; I'm greatly interested in participating, but I recognize
it to be futile.  I can see vast holes in the reasoning of one poster in
particular, but I'm keeping my mouth shut about it because I know no change
would come from my pointing them out.

     Dave!