 Off-Topic / Debate / 7149
Re: What am I missing here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:31:33 GMT

I think someone made one offhand remark about abortion in a thread. That was
followed by several people all chiming in (me included) all saying they
didn't want to set off the standard debate.

Hey the only way not to set off the standard debate is to not chime in.  Which
is why I havn't and won't.

Now we have all the Usual Suspects(tm) posting the usual arguments, again.
Heck, I'm tempted to chime in again too. We seem to have the Standard
Debate(tm) on our hands anyway!

Ack!

Plowed ground, folks. If you don't have anything NEW to add, don't. Just let
it slide.

I would agree.  No one is going to get anywhere debating the issue because for
most people there is only one side to the issue.

Why not debate something fun that I would like to chime in on like how silly we
in the U.S. currently look to the whole world write now and the fact that no
matter who ends up "winning" the election is going to go into the White House
as a damaged president.

I think *now* is the perfect time for a third party to start seriously drumming
up support for the congressional elections in 2 years because right now the 2
current "major" pollitical partys are looking like idiots and someone should be
able to capitolize on their blundering.

Eric Kingsley