 Off-Topic / Debate / 7239
Re: What am I missing here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:25:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:

If you don't want to take part in it, why not just skip the posts?  Why find
it necessary to post just to say that you think it should stop?  If those
people are (for whatever reason) happy to keep debating it, why not just
leave them to it and move on to other threads yourself?

This is a good point, but I'm prevented from taking your advice because I
access LUGNET via the web rather than as a newsgroup.  As such, I see all
the posts in .debate.  Is there a way to filter out a specific thread?

I read via the web too, and to my knowledge, no, there isn't.  I just skip
anything that is in a thread I don't want to read.  I tend to use the "compact"
method of viewing, so all I see are the posts' subject lines.

  Good idea; I think I'll try that.

In any case, I generally try to follow discussions here whatever they concern.

Ah.  I gave that up a looooooooong time ago. :D

  I consider it a small step in my journey toward omniscience.

     Dave!