 Off-Topic / Debate / 7236
Re: What am I missing here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:04:56 GMT

*Sigh*
I'm not telling anyone what they should and shouldn't do, nor is Larry;

And yet you both found it necessary to say that it's pointless and ask that
people stop.

I'd say that people that are taking the time and energy to actually post about
it are finding some value in it, whatever that may be (and beleive me, I'm with
you, I don't know what that value really could be).

If you don't want to take part in it, why not just skip the posts?  Why find it
necessary to post just to say that you think it should stop?  If those people
are (for whatever reason) happy to keep debating it, why not just leave them to
it and move on to other threads yourself?

I guess I'm just confused about the motivation for asking people to stop a
discussion just because you aren't interested in taking part in it.

eric