 Off-Topic / Debate / 7154
Re: What am I missing here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 21:10:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Kingsley writes:

Plowed ground, folks. If you don't have anything NEW to add, don't. Just let
it slide.

Hopefully, Larry will figure out a new phrase, because he is constantly
plowing the same ground with the "plowed ground" phrase!  :-)

Or has someone else complained, and thus this is plo....no, I won't say it.
:-O

I would agree.  No one is going to get anywhere debating the issue because for
most people there is only one side to the issue.

Why not debate something fun that I would like to chime in on like how silly we
in the U.S. currently look to the whole world write now and the fact that no
matter who ends up "winning" the election is going to go into the White House
as a damaged president.

When I was a kid, I always wanted a brokered convention, a three-way split
in the electoral college...you know, something WEIRD!  Too much the game
player, I suppose, and didn't care a lot about politics then. (Just
mispelled it "plotitics"...maybe it would have been more accurate to leave
it that way).

Well, be careful what you wish for!  The guy who wins, loses (maybe).  The
other guy wins (maybe) the crucial state that his brother governs, but has
ballot irregularities, and wants us to accept the irrgularities in the name
of keeping trust in the system (say WHAT?).  But, they whine, those same
irregularities happened in the past!  So, I suppose if you threw my dad off
a cliff I should allow you to throw me off a cliff?

And if Bush does really win Florida, there still might be the unholy
scenario of a couple of electors deciding that the popular vote winner
should win and changing their "pledged" votes.  Along with challenges to
other states just in case.  Followed by scouring the voter records for
improper registration.

So, with everything all tied up and neither Gush or Bore the winner, does
"Bubba" remains president?  How long before the Feds step in on Florida's
botched ballots?  And is that a good thing (Janet Reno)?  Ahhhhhhh,
democracy!  :-)

And for everyone in other countries laughing - the sad fact is that your
record is undoubtedly worse!

My wife's degree is in political science, and she's just eating this stuff up!

Bruce