 Off-Topic / Debate / 6743
Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:27:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes:
On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 03:10:15PM +0000, Scott A wrote:
Hmmm...  it certanly doens't show that he want's peace, does it?

I'm sure he does want peace. Let's not doubt that. It is the terms of peace
which are important.

I can't help but doubt that...  otherwise, I truely believe there would have
been progress in the peace process...

http://news6.thdo.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle%5Feast/newsid%
5F985000/985175.stm

says right there, btw:

               Israelis, no matter how left-wing, cannot
               take Palestinian demands on par with their
               own because to accept Palestinian national
               rights is to deny Israel's right to exist.

What _is_ the answer then. The they are not will to treat all claims • equally?

rephrase, please?  I couldn't parse that last sentance...

Sorry, I think faster than I think at times
What _is_ the answer then. If they are not willing to treat all claims equally?

two nail bombs is not the same as facing a mob with AK47s.

Those guys have guns too - don't doubt it. They usually come round and shoot
fathers in their beds in front of their family, or shoot strangers in pubs. It
is not pretty.

and who knows if the peace process in NI will go the same way as in the middle
east?

Scott A