 Off-Topic / Debate / 6724
6723  |  6725
Subject:
Britain's bloody hands in NI (was Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:45:44 GMT

I have views on NI. They will remain my own for now. But the point you make
is misleading. It is an accepted fact that the majority of those in NI want
to be part of the UK - I'm not saying that they have reasons for it, but
that is just the way it is.

And that majority is composed of what? Descendants of Britons who colonised,
as I understand it. The Irish who got pushed off that land so the British
squires could set up estates didn't exactly get much of a vote at the time.

So how exactly is NI different from Israel (other than the time frame) again?
The majority of people in Israel now want Israel to remain as a secular Jewish
state. The fact that they all came there recently and usurped the people who
were living peacefully (it had been 1500 years since THEY were the usurpers)
is not relevant unless the fact that Britons usurped the Irish is relevant.

I say again, get your own house in order before you hastily criticise
elsewhere.

I have the standing to criticise because I'm doing everything I can to undo
the wrong the US has done internally and externally. What are you doing to
undo UK wrongs?

Moreover, why are you such a disagreeable cuss, anyway? Why do you always pick
at stuff and start debates? That seems to be your track record.

++Lar