 Off-Topic / Debate / 6698
Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 18:28:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Shiri Dori writes:
With the total destruction of Israel, right? I mean, isn't that what the • hard
line states (and Yassir) want? For Israel to be gone, wiped off and the
territory replaced with a new state (not a Palestinian state, mind you...
that's Jordan).

I'm not sure that is true.

It is though. That's exactly what they want.

I know extemists want that, but they are etremists.

I read what in the UK is called a "seriouse" newspaper. I also listen to the
good old BBC, which is, overall, pretty fair. Neither say what you claim.
Perhaps this is part on the international media conspriscy you hinted at?

Scott A

(As for what you said in reply to my post - well heck, Larry didn't intend
this to be a debate about the US either, right? He was just proving a point.
You argued it's not true. He said it and he's not backing off it now. You said
something to prove your point, I argue that it's not valid... same difference,
right?)

You've lost me on that.

-Shiri