 Off-Topic / Debate / 6618
Re: My point.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:10:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Moulton writes:
When people came down hard on him and called him dishonest, deceitful,
etc., he came back and said that he was lying -- that he hadn't really
switched stickers, and that he "just wanted to see how we would react."

You know I think I actually remember that guy.  Do you remember me
Todd?

Actually, the incident I was referring to above wasn't you -- it was someone
else.  But anyway...

About three years ago I had an idea about an instruction
website, people flamed the hell out of me for it, even though the post
was neutral.  Of course I flamed back, and then all of you suddenly
started attacking me even worse.

I don't think I participated in that discussion.  I pretty much stopped
posting to RTL after 1998.  I do remember reading parts of it, though.
Where is it?  Hmmm, here, DejaNews has it:

http://www.deja.com/viewthread.xp?AN=529053940&toffset=0&frpage=viewthread.xp

Gee, look at that.  According to DejaNews, I didn't even post to that thread.

Because of you I never finished that
idea, if I had had support I could have made something really great,
really contributed something, instead all I got was a taste of yer
incredible hospitality.  I've never forgotten Todd, not after the way
I was hurt, and I won't forget either.

In addition to not forgetting, you seem to have remembered something that
didn't happen.  Of course, I could be wrong -- I have flamed people in RTL
before (and here).  I'm (mildly) curious if anyone knows what flame Matthew
is referring to.

I believe it scarred his reputation for some time -- although he seems to
do doing all right now.
You enjoyed that, didn't you Todd?  Scarring his reputation, it made
you feel good, didn't it?

Actually, I don't think I participated in that thread either -- watched it
from the sidelines, IIRC.

Like when you asked if my parents were
alcoholics, or when you just kept making post after post insulting me
in every way you could think of.  That felt REALLY good, didn't it
Todd?

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=6591

--Todd