 Off-Topic / Debate / 6667
Re: My point.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 15:18:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:

Beleive it or not, I've never posted anything anywhere on Lugnet that I • would
consider to be a flame.

It is not what you consider to be a flame which is important - do you • agree?

In all seriousness, I don't understand your question, mostly because if it • were
communicated verbally, there would have been emphasis on one word or
another
give me a clue what you meant.

I'll assume what you meant is:  "It's not what *you*

*You* must find it *really* hard to read books if there are *no* pointers to
the *important* words in the sentences? Perhaps *your* mother underlines
them
for *you*?

:-)

consider to be a flame
which is important", ie, other people's call on whether or not something • you
wrote is a flame is what is really important, not your own opinion (that • seems
to be the most likely interpretation of your question, given what I assume
you're getting at- if it's wrong, please let me know).

I have to disagree, sorry.  I'm sure you

Who mentioned *me*?

feel that I've flamed you at various
points,

My skin is far to thick for that childishness. Prove a point to me
objectively, and I'll respect you. Otherwise you are just making noise.

but the fact is, while I have disagree vehemently with some of your
actions and statements, and have said so plainly (and in words that • probably
got you all riled up), I have never made personal insults against you,

Forget about *me* for a moment. You have to remember that it is possible to
personally insult somebody without meaning it, or without meaning to cut
quite
so deep. As you don't really know your target, how do you know where the
line
is? That was what my *first* remark was all about Eric.

I've
never posted defamatory things about you *just* to upset you, and I've • always
kept my comments confined to the actual disagreement at hand.  To me, that
spells exactly that- "disagreement", not "flaming".

Trust me, were I to flame you, you'd instantly know the difference.

Such power at you finger tips.

Scott A