 Off-Topic / Debate / 6599
Re: My point.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:13:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Moulton writes:
None of what I said was real, I don't actually think Jude's page was
bad, frankly I don't have an opinion of it either way.  I used it to
prove a point though.  My point is that there are people in the Lego
community who although put on a smiling face are willing to try to
completely destroy a person for the sheer satisfaction of trying to
make themseleves believe they're right.  I was willing to sacrifice
what people think of me in order to do that.  It was a choice I made.
You see, even if I was completely thrown out of Lugnet, it wouldn't
matter, I made the point I wanted to.  Now you have to live with it.

-Matthew

What an immature thing to do, seriously.  If you have issue with the way
people think, post just that - don't make up something that's going to piss
people off.  If you have issue with specific people, take it to them in
person.  We weren't out to destroy you because we believe we were right, but
because you were disrupting order with insults here.  Believing we're right
has NOTHING to do with it, IMO.  Disrespect has everything to do with it.

The attitude you take as the lesson teacher here is pretty inappropriate.  You
should take these issues in a respectful manner to the individuals you take
issue with, not troll the community for angry responses.  According to the
TOS, you clearly have no business stirring up trouble here.  And the attitude
you take with your statement 'now you have to live with it' is that much more
self righteous and inappropriate for this type of a group.

As I said before, grow up man.  We may have listened to you if you had come at
the community in a much more respectful manner.  And since its apparent you
don't care if you jeopardize your Lugnet _privileges_, don't think anyone else
here will care either.

-Tim