 Off-Topic / Debate / 6597
Re: My point.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:55:42 GMT

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:48:43 GMT, "Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.space, Matthew Moulton writes:
http://my.ispchannel.com/~mmoulton/lego/mypoint.html

-Matthew

Yeah...that's exactly how it happened.  Its not that you are unwelcomed (I
believe you were welcome here until today), its that your opinions are
disrespectful and insulting and therefore people don't want you around.  And
we don't want you around, we've seen what you've done here.  Learn to take
things in context and how they're intended, and don't twist comments and
individual words to make yourself out to be the good guy.  The post about
Jude's work was insulting, but it was by far NOT the extent of the content the
flamewar today was based on.

You need some serious help, but in the mean time, get out of here.

-Tim

None of what I said was real, I don't actually think Jude's page was
bad, frankly I don't have an opinion of it either way.  I used it to
prove a point though.  My point is that there are people in the Lego
community who although put on a smiling face are willing to try to
completely destroy a person for the sheer satisfaction of trying to
make themseleves believe they're right.  I was willing to sacrifice
what people think of me in order to do that.  It was a choice I made.
You see, even if I was completely thrown out of Lugnet, it wouldn't
matter, I made the point I wanted to.  Now you have to live with it.

-Matthew