 Off-Topic / Debate / 6605
Re: My point.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:34:53 GMT

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:30:20 GMT, "Chris Giddens" <cgidd1@aol.com>
wrote:

Let me type this again to really get the meaning of it.
"My point is that there are people in the Lego community who although put on a
smiling face are willing to try to completely destroy a person for the sheer
satisfaction of trying to make themseleves believe they're right."...

Sir, isn't that exactly what you are doing?  You insult the work of one person
to create a flame war to then prove that YOU are right. Don't you find it
strange?

That's not what I did.  I needed proof to make a point, I could have
simply stated my feeling about the Lego Community, but then I wouldn't
have expected anyone to believe me if I had no proof.  Don't get me
wrong, I'm certainly not proud of what I did, but then after the
respect the Lego Community has shown me in the past, I can't rightly
say that it keeps me up at night.

I don't want you to leave, be banished or anything like that.  Just have a
little class.

Yes I understand, I need to have class, just not the people like you.
And to prove your point you're willing to try ousting me in any way
possible should I ever stray from the way you want me to act.

If you don't like something make a suggestion not a slam.

Sorry bud, I tried that approach a LONG time ago, it proved to be
highly innefective.

If
you feel superior as a LEGO creator, go send LEGO a resume and work to make
things better.    Here's a question for you.  Are you ever wrong about anyting?

If I'm wrong, I can always be right.  And if I'm right, I can always
be wrong.  There are some people in the Lego community who are far
better builders than I am, I only consider one of my models to be
really good.

-Matthew