 Off-Topic / Debate / 6612
Re: My point.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 02:25:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Moulton writes:
None of what I said was real, I don't actually think Jude's page was
bad, frankly I don't have an opinion of it either way.  I used it to
prove a point though.

A couple years ago, someone in RTL was crowing one day that they had switched
price tag stickers on a LEGO set at Wal*Mart and had gotten away with a steal.

When people came down hard on him and called him dishonest, deceitful, etc.,
he came back and said that he was lying -- that he hadn't really switched
stickers, and that he "just wanted to see how we would react."

I believe it scarred his reputation for some time -- although he seems to be
doing all right now.

My point is that there are people in the Lego
community who although put on a smiling face are willing to try to
completely destroy a person for the sheer satisfaction of trying to
make themseleves believe they're right.

There are people in every community like that.  What's your real point?

I was willing to sacrifice what people think of me in order to do that.
It was a choice I made.  You see, even if I was completely thrown out of
Lugnet, it wouldn't matter, I made the point I wanted to.  Now you have
to live with it.

Ah yes, the world always needs more martyrs.

--Todd