 Off-Topic / Debate / 6414
Re: Secret Agent Theme for 2001? (was: Re: New S@H Catalog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:23:34 GMT

Mark Sandlin wrote:

From: Selçuk Göre <ssgore@superonline.com>

Of course it is an option, too. But high noise and more restricted
operational envelopes of helicopters might be a problem, I'm not sure,
just an educated(*) guess.

Selçuk

(*) I'm an Aeronautical Engineer.

A helicopter wouldn't really make much more noise than an OV-10 Bronco, and
you get vertical flight too.

If it's good enough for the SEALS, it's good enough for me. ;^)

Personally, I think the V-22 Osprey is cool as heck, but I wouldn't want to
fly around in one until they get all the bugs worked out.

~M

--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

I'm not sure about the Bronco, but many smaller piston engined general
aviation craft can land from an altitude with engine turned off, just as
a glider, by the help of high lift to weight ratio and very low stall
velocity, and of course with an able pilot on controls. I think this
could be the ultimate silence. Just a guess again..:-)

Selçuk