 Marketplace / Shopping / 5041
Re: Giant Minifig (was Re: New S@H Catalog - Pictures)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 20:33:54 GMT

I agree - if it's just basic bricks, lets build it ourselves.  Who's
going buy one anyways and will make the instructions available?

SRC
(Who would like to make one, but doesn't want to waste time
squinting at photos to do so.)

In lugnet.market.shopping, James J. Trobaugh writes:
I agree, for $150 you can buy close to 7 basic 1200 blue tubs and build a few
of these things. I would have been much more intersted if they had kept the
slopes and arches in the set.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Doug Dropeskey writes:
You can probably build one of those things (or a close equivalent) with a
few tubs at a third the cost.  I would have considered buying something like
the prototype, with lots of slopes, but I can't see any reason to buy the
production model.  I feel sorry for the people who absolutely must collect
everything LEGO produces.  8.3 cents a piece is pretty expensive for basic
bricks.