 Marketplace / Shopping / 5042
Re: Giant Minifig (was Re: New S@H Catalog - Pictures)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 20:34:29 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, James J. Trobaugh writes:
The "maxi-figs" you see in the picture are borrowed display models from the
LEGO Outlet store. They are not built out of LEGO bricks at all, they're just
very large mini-figs and work (joint wise)in the same way.

Unforunatly the "maxi-figs" arent' for sale, so it looks like the model ones
in the catalog are going to be the closes thing to getting one for yourself.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Braden Fox writes:
WHAT PROTOTYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one at Kidvention at Legoland CA this summer.  Along with
prototypes of the statue of liberty, the movie maker set, and
some technic models.

Could someone from Georgia please enlighten me/us
regarding those way cool "Maxifigs" (or whatever they're
called) that they're holding...  http://www.ngltc.org/
Are these (in the photo) the prototypes?
Are instructions available for us to build our own?

Is there a minifig expert who can tell me/us what set(s) to get to
get (or make) the minifig to match the giant minifig model?
(ie. blue coveralls, red shirt, green hat and classic smiley.)

http://members.tripod.com/~jstroot/P0000949.jpg
(1) Note to lawyers and other hired goons: all pictures copyright
2000 The LEGO Group. Used without permission, but intended for
informational / educational purposes only!