 Marketplace / Shopping / 5025
Re: Just wondering... (was: Re: New S@H Catalog - Pictures)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:22:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mark Sandlin writes:

What about the "runner" part? The only planes I've ever heard called a
"runner" are drug-runners.

A "-runner" is anybody trying to use speed and/or stealth to circumvent a
blockade,  border guards,  or other force specifically trying to keep his
cargo out.  There are also gun-runners,  rum-runners,  cigarette-runners,  ...
They're available wherever (not-so-)fine contraband is sold  ;-)

I assume a "Spy Runner" is supposed to sneak spies into and out of foreign
countries for undercover operations.

Or it could be just that they were close to deadline,  and decided to recycle
the name from <set:8213> because they couldn't think of another one <shrug>

Ran