 Marketplace / Shopping / 5034
Re: Secret Agent Theme for 2001? (was: Re: New S@H Catalog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 19:31:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mark Sandlin writes:

From: "Mike Petrucelli" <lordinsanity@usa.net>

Personally I like it the way it is (colors are a bit funky to me but I can • fix
that.)  When I saw it I imediatly thought cool a twin prop-plane that is
really
a super-sonic spy plane.

Hmm.. I just don't see it. To me, a secret agent should ooze "cool" and this
li'l thing just doesn't, IMO.

I understand what you mean.

For reference, go watch the opening sequence of "Octopussy." That li'l plane
that Bond zips around in was awesome. (Is that the same plane Coors used as
their "Silver Bullet"?) Now, _that's_ a Spy Runner.

I admit that would have been a much cooler Spy Runner for sure.  As it is
though I like the idea of having a Spy Runner that looks like a stock twin
prop-plane.  Though I doubt TLC would use it as such, it would have more
"story" uses, at least to me.  Most mini-figs are too stupid to notice jets on
the wings, yeah that's it. ;-)

Maybe I'll build one when I get home, just for my own edification.

:-)  That in a nutshell is what makes Lego great

:^D

~Mark

-Lord Insanity