 Off-Topic / Debate / 6389
Re: New Chrome Castle Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:32:52 GMT

Why don't you just admit that you dislike me instead of being disingenious? Do
you lack the courage of your convictions? I don't.
I'm willing to admit that I at this point personally dislike you and many of
your habits of thinking and discourse, and I'm willing to say so publicly.>

You must do as pleases you, Larry.  I don't know you well enough to dislike
you.  I disagree with your views.  I disagree that you necessarily know any
better about any of this "business" stuff than myself.  I could list my
credentials here, but why bother?  We are of similar age, probably similar
education, equally flip about manners and conventions when it suits us, and in
the same industry (generally) -- Frankly, I expect we are very much alike in
many ways.  I am of scarey high intelligence, you probably are too.  Neither
of us is probably very used to others successfully contradicting our views. I
know people find you VERY irritating, I know that people find me VERY
irritating.  All of these commonalities probably explain a lot.

Whats' more -- I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that we actually got
along if we were ever to meet in real life.  I am going to assume that you
couldn't possibly be as big jerk as you often appear to be here on lugnet.
Similarly, I am probably not at all what you might expect either.  We have had
some fairly routine disagreements here, but to me it stays here.  Work is
work, online is online, real life is real life, and my time is my time.  I
don't like overlap in terms of my feelings about persons.  And there is no
overlap concerning yourself.  Sadly, all I have to go on is the rather extreme
attitudes you adopt here on lugnet.

And I don't lack conviction about my views, I just won't insist that I
couldn't be wrong.  Heck, both of us could be wrong about a lot of things --
you included! But unless TLC joins the conversation with particulars, I will
continue to doubt their business practices (and your assertions concerning
such) and ask/request/insist upon the things that I want.  Why shouldn't I?  I
don't see you missing an opportunity to obtain anything that strikes your
fancy.  Where's the difference then?

I don't see a lot of point to the things you take issue with or why you
persist upon asserting your opinions as facts.  Do you suppose that everyone
on lugnet is ignorant of rhetorical techniques; or that we would, all of us,
simply miss this point? And there's no debate in evidence.  We would need many
more facts than we have at our disposal now to conduct anything even close to
a debate in a constructive manner.

Disliking me is not likely worth your time, Larry.  But you decide -- I am not
exactly going to lose sleep over it.

-- Richard