 Off-Topic / Debate / 6386
Re: New Chrome Castle Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 06:28:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
And are you seriously stating that I have to justify an interest in Castle
sets in North America?

Yes, I am seriously suggesting that you have to *justify* TLC making
available "the whole available line of products" (1) to everyone worldwide.

I don't remember how this thread began, but I thought the concern was at least
as much that LEGO didn't publicize such things as that they were hard to get.
That is, if you don't know something exists, you can't get it.  (Or you find
out about it too late and have to pay through the nose.)  But if it's hard to
get and you at least know about it, now you have a chance.  IMHO, it'd be a
nice gesture (not that I think it's required of them as a business) if LEGO
put up notices somewhere on their website to collectors stating that there
were obscure and hard-to-find special versions of sets in limited markets or
test markets -- rather than leaving the collectors to find out the hard way.

You're right, and I agree, it would be wonderful if TLC did this.

My issue is that I think there are more effective ways of asking for it than
some people seem to want to employ. Those ways feature politeness... and some
sort of rational thinking around what the benefit to TLC of doing it is.

++Lar