 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 699
Re: New Chrome Castle Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 13:31:49 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:
As I have said before, if Larry wants train elements -- By the
Gods, I hope he gets his train elements.  Why doesn't he support the stuff
that I want in return?

What does it mean, exactly, to "support" your wants?

I don't have an issue with you wanting things. "Want" all you want. My issue
is that you seem to fail to understand basic economics, or seem to think that
it doesn't apply to you. You act like you have an entitlement to things, that
is, that TLC has to provide them to you because you want them.

Here, in this group, which has a specific charter, I think you're wasting your
time and everyone elses unless you present a solid economic economic
justification... a cost benefit analysis... on why TLC should satisfy your
wants. This is a channel to communicate directly with TLC, not to wish for
things. Take that up in dear-lego.

It's not enough to say that you would buy (one of) things, you need to
demonstrate that you personally would buy enough, or that there is enough
demand among all AFOLs, to make it worth TLC's time to meet your needs(1). Or
at least that there is some other economic benefit. GMLTC and PNTLC are making
great strides because they've figured that out. They've figured out how to
offer TLC something of value that TLC wants and how to get something in return.

The sooner you figure that out, the better. However I have my doubts that
you'll ever grasp it based on your track record so far.

When you try to duck that issue by taking unrelated or red herring cheap shots
at me personally (you must have some kind of anti hard work for monetary
reward phobia or something) you change from amusingly clueless to just plain
annoying. (according to my offline mail, which I would never actually post
without permission)

1 - which is why I chose the Kabaya example. I don't have any, never did and
probably never will, because I don't like the candy. I don't think they will
sell here in the states for that very reason. I could be wrong, and anyone who
can present solid market data can get my agreement that I was indeed
incorrect.  Since you say you want "everything" available, please state how
much you're willing to pay for Kabaya sets and how many you think TLC would
sell here in the states and every where else that they're not available, then
determine whether it's worth TLC's while either for monetary reasons, or for
non monetary (be specific on how meeting your desire benefits TLC) reasons.

If you can't do that, you're just not ever justified in posting here except
with a big <whine> tag bracketing your posts, because you're not on charter
and not doing anyone any favors. Except yourself, perhaps. A little egoboo is
good for the soul, I guess.

++Lar (trimmed .castle)