 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 698
Re: New Chrome Castle Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 22:37:36 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
As for the replies, I'd be pretty ticked if someone posted any part of my
personal email to a public forum without permission.  It's just bad form.

My apologies.  I was not trying to exhibit bad form, which is why I quoted a
single statement anonymously from the other writer.  S/he did not post here
and I thought it was respectful to not make that decision on that person's
behalf.  I apologies to readers of this and my previous post and to the person
who wrote to me privately.  It was an inadvertent breach of netiquette.
Except for email, Lugnet posts are very nearly the only online communications
I engage in at all.

My original post might not have been as nice as it might have been, but then
my opinion about the benefit's of Brad's presence here has become fairly
equivocal.  I have no idea why anyone but Brad responded at all, and perhaps
not even Brad needed to respond if he chose not to...although my post was not
purely rhetorical, I DID want an answer.

And yes, it riles me when I have a thing I want, post about it, and then some
other Lugnut shoots it down like they have a personal or financial investment
in what TLC does or does not do as regards the thing that I want.  I'll never
understand what is to be gained by us AFOLs squabbling amongst ourselves about
TLC practices.  As I have said before, if Larry wants train elements -- By the
Gods, I hope he gets his train elements.  Why doesn't he support the stuff
that I want in return?

Let TLC speak up, and others remain silent.  If you have something to
communicate to TLC, start your own *thread*.

=(

-- Richard