 Off-Topic / Debate / 6377
Re: New Chrome Castle Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 09:23:21 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:

And are you seriously stating that I have to justify an interest in Castle
sets in North America?

Yes, I am seriously suggesting that you have to *justify* TLC making
available "the whole available line of products" (1) to everyone worldwide.

As I have tried to show by using some examples, I don't think there is money
in it for TLC. And money is what motivates them. You may not like it, but
they're not in business to make you feel good, and they're not going to grant
your wish without a solid reason to do so. That reason may be something other
than direct profit as many groups are discovering to the great benefit of the
hobby, but unless it's formal charity, it's a business decision first and
foremost.

You may not like that. You may not like their marketing department, heck, I
don't either. But that's a side issue. See if you can refute my point without
calling me any names and without bringing up red herrings.

If it's the chrome castle sets you really want, make a reasoned and polite
case that they're going to be a big hit stateside instead of asking for the
whole available line of products all at once, which is unrealistic. Your
original post was, as I said before, rather vitriolic.

1 - quoting your own words (with emphasis added but without error correction)
from earlier in the thread:

"TLC has already established the means to sell to me directly, I am just trying
to get them to sell me the products that *I want* <begin emphasis by Lar> (the
whole available line of products) </emphasis> instead of the products that
they proffer to me instead (a limited range of their products)."

++Lar (moved to off-topic.debate because that's where this belongs, the entire
thread, including your original posting in my judgement, doesn't belong in
lego.direct)