 Off-Topic / Debate / 25128
Re: Right on Schedule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 03:12:58 GMT

   If memory serves, John Kerry was supposed to give his speech tonight. So, exactly on cue, we learn that a “high level Al Qaeda operative” (unnamed as of 15:37ET) has been captured in Pakistan.

Although I don’t give credence to “secret master” types of conspiracy theory, I couldn’t help recalling recent piece. Over-arching conspiracies strike me as unlikely and cumbersome, but spectacular events can be easily orchestrated by a shameless administration and a subservient media.

Dave K, is there room for my family in Canada?

Dave!

Have room at the house for your fam. until you’re settled into Canada, and the selling feature (for you mayhaps) is a basement full of LEGO bricks--and I won’t shun the non-LEGO elements :)

I heard about the capture earlier on teh radio--a high end operative supposedly responsible for embassy bombings. And captured by or in Pakistan. Now if memory serves, Dubya was leaning on Pakistan over the last few months to dig up something before the election--looks like that push is actually accomplishing something. Whereas I’m glad someone who may have been directly responsible for bombings is now captured, I also hope that the American voter can see what this little ‘dog and pony’ show actually is--a way for Dubya to try and look good after 4 years of doing nothing right on this ‘war on terror’.

Anyway, saw Teresa Heinz Kerry’s speech the other night, saw Edwards last night, and watched much of Ron Reagan Jr, and bits of others, but I tell ya, when Bubba spoke at the beginning, it just makes me wish it was him running against this little boy of a president. Dubya would have no chance against Bubba, none whatsoever.

Oh, Edward’s wife is verrry attractive, imho, maybe i’ll put in a request over at my other fav. website...

Dave K