 Off-Topic / Debate / 25154
Re: Right on Schedule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 21:28:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   “Good questions outrank easy answers”.

I have some of the answers. In this case, my feeling was that John was being rather disingenuous... I was just testing my hypothesis. John chose to make noise rather than be honest; your and Bruce’s axe grinding helped him.

Scott A

Well, I suppose they did, though I wasn’t really paying attention. I apologize if I let him off the hook too easy (and I think it is an established fact that John and I do not see eye to eye on politics or religion at all).

But I do think he has a point that you over-use the implied rhetorical question device way too much. That is merely my point of view on the subject, and perhaps others disagree. I have seen you answer over a dozen points with a question on numerous occasions (and only questions, and most of them intended as a rhetorical device).

If it makes you feel better, I’ll happily denounce his views on Israel, George Bush, War with Iraq, evolution, and what not. Substance over style. :-)

-->Bruce<--

And speaking of axe grinding - my variations on that subject just to prove what an axe grinder I am! :-)