 Off-Topic / Debate / 25169
Re: Right on Schedule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:06:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   “Good questions outrank easy answers”.

I have some of the answers. In this case, my feeling was that John was being rather disingenuous... I was just testing my hypothesis. John chose to make noise rather than be honest; your and Bruce’s axe grinding helped him.

Scott A

Well, I suppose they did, though I wasn’t really paying attention. I apologize if I let him off the hook too easy (and I think it is an established fact that John and I do not see eye to eye on politics or religion at all).

But I do think he has a point that you over-use the implied rhetorical question device way too much. That is merely my point of view on the subject, and perhaps others disagree. I have seen you answer over a dozen points with a question on numerous occasions (and only questions, and most of them intended as a rhetorical device).

I’ll try to take your views on board.

If it makes you feel better, I’ll happily denounce his views on Israel, George Bush, War with Iraq, evolution, and what not. Substance over style.

I feel better already!

   :-)

-->Bruce<--

And speaking of axe grinding - my variations on that subject just to prove what an axe grinder I am! :-)

The one left of centre gets my vote. ;)

Scott A