 Off-Topic / Debate / 23567
Re: Yet another push for thoughtful legislation from Tennessee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:54:55 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

No, he gets to be intolerant because he doesn’t believe in tolerance - he just doesn’t want intolerance of his intolerance, and will pretend that any intolerance of his intolerance is the same as his intolerance itself, and therefore said intolerance is not valid (neatly proving that under no cirmcumstances can he ever be criticized for intolerance). :-)

Okay, this horse is past due for the glue factory, but I just wanted to make this final observation. It isn’t any secret that conservatives have lower tolerance level on most issues than liberals do. That’s why they are called conservative;-) But because their tolerance runs out before a liberal’s does, they are then labeled as intolerant by the Left, when the fact remains that the Left is equally intolerant, just not as quickly as a conservative (except for Dave! whom I believe to be a closet anarchist;-)

I believe that there are a lot of knee-jerk liberals out there who are actually a lot more conservative than they think. I remember seeing a “quiz” online somewhere that challenged people to test their political leanings-- I’ll see if I can dig it up and maybe we can have some fun with it.

JOHN

Doesn’t address my point in the slightest. Nothing more than I expected.

-->Bruce<--