 Off-Topic / Debate / 23536
Re: Yet another push for thoughtful legislation from Tennessee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:49:40 GMT

I accidentally responded by mail...

Okay, so you have a group of bigots.  They have every right to be bigotted
(let's for the sake of argument forsake any governmental affiliations • here) and
live in their bigotted world.  So why do groups such as the ACLU • constantly
swoop in and stir the pot?  If pluralism is valued, why is it only when • the
values {agree} with {their} agenda?  It's always "tolerance, tolerance,
tolerance" except regarding the intolerant.  Then it's {in}tolerance and
lawsuits.

People can certainly have their own prejudices, but when they try and pass a
law to support their prejudices, then it's fair, and in fact imperative,
that people oppose those laws. And it's perfectly fair for those opposing
those laws to ridicule those who are trying to enact the law.

Frank